Monday, July 30, 2007

Cheesy Christian Music

Today my car broke driving home from school (more to come about that later) I had to pull off the highway and stop at a tire repair shop to have them fix it enough that I could get home. I nice young guy came and got my car, fixed it in a matter of 15 minutes and pulled it back out for me. I gave him a tip (since he did this for free) and got in my car to be back on my way. When I turned on the car I realized that I left on my worship CD and the song that was playing was really cheesy.

I was imediately mortified that I had left the CD on, normally I would turn the radio off before letting someone else drive my car. Then I instantly felt guilty that I was embarassed by the music. I quickly justified my embarassment by reminding myself that this was a really cheesy song and that I myself might have made fun of it when with friends. Then I felt bad that I was justifying my embarassment. Later I was glad that I had given him a tip, at least now he doesn't think of me as a cheep Christian.

Boy this event has really pointed out quite a few things I need to work on...

1 comment:

Bridggymama said...

dude, I'm so right with you! I'm paranoid about "Christian" music, which is often cheesy, even if some of it holds some entertainment/enjoyment for me its like my tendancy to not turn off bad 80's rock tunes because they remind me of my childhood. However, I don't want other people hearing my cheesy music ;) and good job not being a cheap Christian, that totally offsets the cheese-factor ;)