Sunday, August 12, 2007

Another Episode of Ghetto Fabulous

A few days ago I realized that my drain in my tub was moving very slowly. I decided to scrub the tub and then put some draino in the drain (a method that has worked in the past at unclogging drains) I did this, afterward the drain was no longer moving slowly, it wasn't moving at all. Hmm. Interesting.

I try plunging the tub, nothing happens except that all this black sludge from deep within the drain is in my tub now. This stuff smells funny. ewww!!! My brother come over later to help me with some school work, he looks at the drain and after more plunging and more sludge coming up into the tub he tells me I should go get some of the duel formula foaming draino. I get this, put it in the tub. Nothing happens. Now I have a tub full of water, nasty black drain sludge, and draino chemicals. I decide to call a plumber. (keep in mind that 3 weeks ago my car exhaust died and needed to be replaced and last week my central AC broke, and money does not grow on trees.)

I call my plumber. He's on vacation till next week. great! I call the number he reccomends to call if you need him before next week. This guy never calls me back. I decide that since when the AC guy was on vacation (do we see a theme here) and the man he reccomended came and charge me way too much, that I should tough it out and wait till the person I know gets back into town.

So this is how I have to shower for the next week. I do as much as I can before I get into the shower, brush my teeth, wash my face and wash my hair in the sink. Then I put a rubber maid bin in the bottom of the shower so that while I'm in there my feet won't touch the sludge floating in the tub. When I'm done I have to rinse the soap off my feet before I get out (since I'm now standing in a bin of soapy water) Then I have to take a bucket and transfer the water from the tub to the toilet so that I don't have all this nasty water sitting in the tub all week.

Ghetto Fabulous? I think so!!!

3 comments:

Timoteo said...

I think that surpasses even ghetto fabulous. That's just ghetto... ghetto. :)

Ashlie Skidmore said...

i'm admiring your commitment to taking a shower... seriously.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Ashlie, that is some real commitment to showering. I know we don't live exactly next door to each other, but I'll make the offer... you can come to my house and shower. um, well, you can shower only after I clean the bathroom tonight, but after that...

also, now that we have AC you can just come to hang out in the relative coolness that is our house. I say relative coolness, b/c even though we just spent a bajillion dollars on the AC, we don't set it too low b/c we don't want to spend THAT much money per month.