Saturday, November 3, 2007

My ability to tell time...

Yesterday morning (friday) my alarm went off and it was time to get up. Typically I set two alarms, my bedroom clock and my cell phone. I'm addicted to the snooze button so I set my phone alarm which tells me I can no longer hit snooze and I absolutely have to get up. Yesterday morning my cell phone never went off.

When I realized it didn't go off I checked my cell phone and the time was an hour behind. I was extreamly confused. My clock said it was 6:56 and my phone said it was 5:56. Was I having a dyslexic moment? If I was wouldn't I be misreading both clocks? Was I just that tired and asleep still that I had lost my ability to tell time? I had no idea. I decided to remedy this situation by going into the kitchen and reading the face clock. This would rule out the dyslexic issue. The kitchen clock said it was 7. I accepted that as the real time and got in the shower.

While I was in the shower I realized that daylight savings was around this time of year. Had I missed it? Was daylight saving last night and somehow I had compleatly ignored it? At this point I'm panicing, thinking that I had gotten up an hour earlier than I needed to when I was exhausted. After I got out of the shower I came into the living room. It still seemed really dark outside. I decided to turn the news on, if anyone would know what time it really was they would. I turned on the TV and it said it was 7:15. Finally I new what time it was.

I went back into the bedroom, looked at my cell phone and it said it was 7:15. At this point I'm thinking WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE!!! Was I going crazy? Was I that tired that I really couldn't tell time? Did I dream the entire situation? I felt very confused. I went to work but thought about it all day. Finally in the afternoon I found out that there was a problem with Verizion and that between 4 and 7 AM all the clocks on the cell phones were an hour early. What a morning that caused me!!!

It's amazing how out of control everything feels when you have no idea what time it is.

No comments: