Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Now I know I'm not skinny, but...

Today was interesting. I had an experience.

Let me start by saying that I lived my entire life in a house with uneven floors. Upon walking through the dining room the china cabinet would always shake. Now in my current house when walking through the living room the TV cabinet doors shake. I'm used to this.

OK fast forward to today.
I was walking down the main hall at work and upon walking next to the trophy case the glass doors shook a bit. Now here's where my brain goes crazy. It has become apparent to me that I can think thoughts 1,000 x's faster then I could ever speak them. I begin thinking.

(My thoughts over the next 30 seconds go as follows.)
I don't remember those doors rattling before. Was I walking differently. Am I walking heavier then I used to. Did I gain weight over the summer. I continue walking. The floor is rattling as well. What is going on? Why is my walking causing this!?! This can't be possible! I'm not walking that differently. I notice the carpet is wet. Is the wetness somehow causing the floor to rattle more. I stop walking. The I look up and realize that the lights and walls are shaking too! Seriously! Is this a joke! Am I going crazy!?! I actually begin to panic! Somethings going on! I'm not sure if it's me or reality but I don't think I should be in this hallway anymore. I turn around to walk out when office doors start opening. People starting coming out looking confused, wondering if anyone else just had the same experience they did.

Phew! I thought it was me. At this point I actually say that out loud. Upon which everyone starts laughing.

This will probably be the butt of many jokes for years to come! Everyone seemed to think it was so hysterical that I could even possibly think that my walking caused an entire building to shake.

I've known that I am not normal for some time now, but I think some more people at work were brought into the reality today!

No comments: