Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Voice

Tonight someone told me that my voice was so beautiful that they were excited to have me in their house. Seriously! It seems sad to me to be excited about something like that. Are you that musically deprived that me being in your house raises the musical goodness!?!

Besides, my voice if not that special compared to some. It almost made me feel like i had this weird sense of celebrity, which I was not comfortable with. Over the years I've become better at receiving compliments about my voice. I've even gotten to the point where I will acknowledge that it is a good voice, but tonight's comment made me really uncomfortable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww....they were just expressing their love for you. :)

Abby said...

Marti. A person doesn't have to be musically deprived to love your (or anyone's) voice. You hit a nerve. Like when I hear a gorgeous aria, and there's that one place, usually the (ahem) climax of the song, when I get goose bumps, my heart skips. It's incredibly moving, and sometimes, to be near the person responsible is absolutely thrilling! Yes, I can be "stalkerish" but I just had to defend your fan. Ha!