Saturday, December 17, 2011

Big Day

Tomorrow (which is technically today now) is a big day! I'm nervous.

I'm branching out in a way I never have before. Playing the harp in a public venue for strangers...for fun! This is something so far removed from my comfort zone that it's almost unrecognizable. Nobody plays this instrument for fun, they either play for money or for the art of perfection...but fun!?! I'm also playing with someone else, supporting them in their music. The whole thing is a lot to think about.

I made a deal with myself. When I agreed to do this is became very apparent that this would be a huge challenge. I was going to have to break through a lot of old crap. So I decided that I would pick one day and it would be a day free from self-deprecation. A day free of putting myself down and a day full of building myself up. That day is now officially upon us.

Today I will accept all compliments that come my way.
Today I will say thank you when someone tells me I did a good job.
Today I will tell people how I got into this without hesitation.
Today I will work very hard to believe myself when I say these things.
Today I will let my friends support me in this process.
Today I will play proudly for others.
Today I will trust the encouragement of others.
Today I will push through.
Today will be great!


2 comments:

Abby said...

That's it. I'm trying to get a babysitter tomorrow. I can't miss the Big Day.

Marti said...

Maybe I should add ... Today I will not roll my eyes at any compliments or support.