Monday, August 22, 2011

Late Night Conversations

Why is it that the best conversations seem to start after 10:00 PM?

At least in my life that has always been the case. It's almost as if the fatigue we feel causes us to let down our normally placed guards and just say whats really on our minds. My friend Bob and I usually don't start talking about serious things until midnight or after and these conversations go into the wee hours of the morning. I love them! They are fun, exciting, thought provoking, and help me to think about things in a better way.

Tonight while hanging out with some other friends I got into one of those conversations. While standing in the driveway of said friends home, we went through a huge list of topics discussing the good and bad of all sorts of things. It was great! So great we didn't even realize it was almost 2:00 AM!

To me the best kind of conversations are the ones that go on and on and at some point someone just has to say stop or they will keep going. The best part is that these kinds of conversations only work well with good friends. The kind that really care what you have to say and will still love you no matter what comes out of your mouth (and vice versa.)

I have great friends and I love talking with them!

No comments: