Saturday, August 13, 2011

Moths

They are nothing but pure evil!!!

I Hate them!!!

Actually...I'm terrified of them.

I have a phobia of moths, no matter what kind (yes Luna moths are evil too!) and I'm also not that fond of butterflies. I know this sounds strange. Butterflies? Seriously who doesn't like butterflies? Me! They are not as bad as moths, but lets face it, they are really just a prettier version. (I'm sure some bug-ologist would argue with that last statement...Oh Well!)

Over the years I've had many people try to talk me down off of this ledge explaining that they are harmless, can not hurt me and are actually fascinating creatures. Seriously people! Do you not know what a phobia is!?! It is an irrational fear, which means no amount of rationale will convince me otherwise!

The other night there was a moth in my house. I freaked. At first I thought it was a spider on the wall. (I know what you're thinking, most people would be afraid of the spider, but nope, not me, I hate the moth!) I got up to get it and it started flying. Holy Crap!!! What am I going to do!?! I'm by myself here, so I can't frantically scream for someone to come get it!!! (although I did text a friend screaming in capital letters that there was a 'MOTH IN THE HOUSE!') It's up to me! How am I going to do this!?! I grab a near by IKEA catalog, I must kill the moth (I really should invest in a fly swatter.) I inch closer and closer to the spot on the wall where the enemy has landed. My heart is pounding and I feel like I could vomit! I attack, slamming the catalog on the wall and hoping it does not escape and fly into my face (The worst possible thing about moths, they fly in your face!!!) I frantically jump away from the wall and begin searching, it went something like this.

-Where is it!?!
-Frantically look on the floor
-Don't see it
-Holy crap it must be in my hair!
-Frantically run hands through my hair
-Don't feel it
-It must be on my clothes!
-Frantically look over my clothes!!!
-Don't feel it.
-Frantically run hands all over clothes, it must be there
-Nope, still don't feel it
-Remove clothes, shake them out
-Inspect floor where moth most definitely has fallen out of clothing
-Nope, not there.
-I new it, it is in my hair!
-Frantically run hands through hair again.
-Still not there!

This cycle continued for the next ten minutes. Even later while sitting on my couch I still kept feeling my hair! I was so grossed out for almost the entire next hour. What is wrong with me? I acknowledge that this is really weird. I don't understand it either. All I know is that...

I HATE MOTHS!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just in case you were wondering, the moth was never found. I believe I successfully ended it's life or that the wrath of my catalog swinging was so intense that it left the premises!

No comments: