Sunday, August 14, 2011

Music...it's so much better live!

Tonight was another music night!

Went to Burlap and Bean to see the wonderful Ethan Pierce play. A totally cool kid I've gotten to know over the past year. Having only ever heard him play in church I was unaware of the treat I was in for. His music is powerful, captivating, and drew emotions out of me that I didn't know were there! Well done my friend!

A guy by the name of Jonny Rodgers opened up for him. All I can say is that I was blown away. This man played a bunch of wine glasses like they were a piano. It was like nothing I've ever seen before!!! I don't think anyone in attendance would disagree with me. He was a totally unexpected bonus to the evening. If you get a chance to see him you should. Even if you're not into that kind of music, the experience alone is so awesome!!! (on a side note, he plays a lot of fund raisers for Love 146 which made him even higher on my respect list!)

Burlap & Bean was sold out tonight! Can I just say that I love this venue!!! (and I'm not just saying that because my friends own it.) It's an intimate, welcoming venue (BYOB!) with amazing caffinated beverages! Seeing musicians here is a very personal experience that can't be compared to other larger venues (they seat about 75.) My friend Kris and I are determined to convince the fantastic Adam Crossley to perform here!

It was a fantastic night.

Man I love live music!!!

No comments: