Monday, August 1, 2011

Sunny Day Blues

This morning I woke up, the sun was shining, and I had a crappy day! Work was stressful. I tried to do something the right way instead of lying (the way that was suggested to me by several people.) Apparently taking the moral road doesn't always work out in a immoral world. This led to conflict in my soul. Do I keep trying the honest way and trust that if the result I'm looking for is meant to be that God will give me favor with my boss or do I give up? How willing am I to stand my ground on what I believe no matter how much it sets me apart from my co-workers? Am I ready to be the person who brands herself as different for the sake of pursing the things I think God has for me? Unfortunately, I'm not sure. And thus the stress began.

These kind of days rock me. The OCD in my takes these things and runs with them until I'm so spun around that I can't find my due north. Luckily I have friends who are good listeners. I let go on them. They respond with sound advice. I took my time going home, stopping at various places to visit people. This is a decompression tactic. Going directly home after a day like this will make things worse. At each pit stop along my journey the weight I was carrying became less and less. Then upon arrival at my final destination (aka- home) it started to rain.

I love rain! Rain makes me happy. I know some people approach rain with an "I hate my life, this days sucks, I wanna slit my wrists attitude," but not me. It make me happy!!! There's something about a gray sky and wet earth that makes everything look more beautiful. Greens look brighter, browns look richer, and everything feels more peaceful to me. This was a great stress reliever. As I'm sitting here typing I can hear the rain on my living room window and the sound is so calming. No matter how hard companies have tried, no sound machine will ever do it justice!

I can feel that needle turning again, North is in sight. Over the years I've learned the strategies that allow me to take on a day like this and not let it stick with me too long. And the best part, everyone once in a while, I get a little extra help! (Thanks for the rain. :)

(I promise tomorrow will be more upbeat!)


No comments: