Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Twins don't run in my family... they run in my friends!

It's true, I know a lot of twins. I have 5 friends who have twins and I am good friends with another set of twins. They follow my family. My mom and sister are the same way :)
I love twins!

Within the past few years I have been blessed beyond belief with the privilege of helping to care for 2 sets of twins after they were born.
Easily some of the best times of my life thus far!

Meet the girls!
Rowan and Genevieve
(Children #1 and 2 of the amazing Emily!)
Meet the Boys!
Remy and Andrew
(surprise children #4 and 5 of the awesome Abby!)
Don't ask me who is who in each picture because I have no idea!
Getting the opportunity the help care for these newborns was an experience like no other. I was able to bless two wonderful, yet exhausted moms, I was given an overabundance of cuddle time with newborns (simply the best therapy there is!) and learned more about caring for babies (and nursing) then I thought possible! I can honestly say that every second I spent with them was full of joy!

The girls are 4 now and they are some of the most lovable, hugable, hysterical kids I've ever met!
Seriously they have me laughing every time I see them. Emily shared a story with me that I think is so funny I have to share it with you.

These girls play the most fantastic games. I have allergies, (a lot of them) and the girls know this. There was one day where a time-out was given because they kept finding latex balloons (my kryptonite!) in the house and bringing them to me. I explained several times to these confused little people that I could not be around the balloons and they must stay in the bedroom while I'm over. They didn't understand, why should they, but desperate times were fast upon me and a time-out was warranted to teach them the seriousness of my situation. It must have made an impact because they played an awesome game the other day. They were pretending to be dogs, the dogs name was Martha (or "Marfa" when they say it, my real name) and Martha was allergic to her collar. How fabulous is that! I mean, if they want their pretend characters to be allergic to something then of course their name would have to be Martha!
I love it!

(I now refer to this as the Allergy game!)

1 comment:

Emily said...

cuteness. I don't mind at all :)