Sunday, November 6, 2011

Illness & Medicine

So I've been under the weather this past week. I started with what I though was just a minor cold/cough. The cold stayed the same, the cough got worse...and worse...and worse. Finally I caved. I went to the doctors even though I felt ridiculous. Seriously, who goes to the doctors for a cough!?!

Apparently what I thought was just a cough was actually some pretty significant asthma! I'm now on a steroid inhaler and Prednisone. Let me tell you this medicine is crazy! And I know it's crazy, because it's making me crazy!!!

Prednisone has a reputation for making you feel jittery and that it does! I feel shaky most of the time and it raises your blood sugar which doesn't help either. But the best part...I am ravenously hungry!!! I mean seriously, I could eat all day long. I'm trying to hold myself at bay with 4 full meals a day but even that seems like nothing!!! Really, I mean it, I'm starving. I was away for 24 hours this weekend and it was all I could do to not act like I was going to start eating the chair I was so hungry. I made it through with the constant thought that I know I'm not actually starving, I just feel like I am. But still.

It was so good to come home tonight and have my second dinner. Yum!!! Now it's time to go to bed. I better go grab a snack before I head upstairs. (If only my metabolism was acting in overdrive as well!)

No comments: