Friday, July 6, 2012

Provisions: Take 2

My dear friend Addy (5 years old) said something a few months ago that has impacted so much of the way I think these days.  Her mother asked her what she would do if she were starving and all she had was a bowl full of stink bugs.  
Her response: "I would pray to God and ask him to give me everything that He thinks I need."

So recently I posted about being provided for: having the things I need while also having the ability to still enjoy life and have fun without having to pinch every single penny.

And so this saga continues.

A few months ago I registered for a conference in Syracuse that takes place next week.  It's something that I've been looking forward to and also something that will be beneficial for me.  I registered without giving it much thought.  I think it is important and so I signed up and paid the fee.  At the time I didn't have a place to stay and the hotel accommodations were a little pricey but I was not worried.  A few weeks later a friend offered for me to stay with her in her room, thus cutting the cost in half.  Score!

At the time I registered it's not that I had the money for this trip set aside but I didn't care.  I new I should go and so I was going, somehow it would all work out.

As it has gotten closer and closer to next week there has been a longing in my heart.  I have wanted to visit Niagara Falls for years.  I was there as a child and have always wanted to go back.  Next week I will be only 2 short hours from this destination.  How could I pass up this opportunity?  I thought about it for several weeks.  Each time thinking things like "I can't afford to go," "This is a waste of money," "How would I pay for it."  Finally I decided that it is unknown when an opportunity like this will come up again and so I booked a room in Niagara Falls.  It's only one night, but that's enough.  I'm not very high maintenance when it comes to travel.  A nice view to read and play music to for awhile and something powerfully beautiful to feed my soul is all I need.

I booked the room to my credit card.  (I think I just heard all my financially stable friends groan a bit.)  I believe that if this is something I'm supposed to do that the money will come.

Today it did!

I received an anonymous gift today that will cover most of my expenses, not just for Niagara, but for the entire week!  This was a huge gift for me and also a confirmation that all of the decisions I have made up to this point were correct.  

Some people would take on the attitude of 'boy she got lucky with that one' but as for me, I'm only more excited about what other adventures I will get to experience by trusting God to provide for me, not just what I want or think I need, but what He thinks I need.  

No comments: