Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bed Time

When I was little I had a bed time. I hated it. Seriously who wants to be confined to the limits of a clock and when it tells you to sleep and wake up. As an adult I have taken full advantage of the fact that I don't have anyone telling me to go to bed. I pretty much go to sleep when I'm tired. That would seem normal, but I have sleep problems, so therefor I am really never tired, at least not until 2:30am or after. I actually changed the setting on this blog so that people can't see the time I post because it's usually so late!

The problem, I'm also tired all day. I can honestly say that over the past 2 years, I might only have 10 days I can remember where I wasn't tired! This is part of my issue, chronic fatigue and an internal clock that wants to function on the same schedule as a vampire! I've been doing some research about how to make this easier for me and one of the things I've read a lot about it sleep hygiene. That's basically... a bed time! Articles I've read recommend going to bed and waking up at the same time each day! Crap!

So here it goes. I'm going to try to give myself a bed time. With school starting back up and needing to wake up early, my goal is to try to be in bed between 10:30 and 11 on week nights. This will get me almost 7 hours a night during the week. Now like I said, this is a goal, not the law. Lets face it, it's 11:02 right now, I'm not in bed yet. But I am going to try this. Last year I spent the entire school year getting 3-5 hours of sleep a night during the week and then sleeping the entire weekend away recovering. I don't want to do that again!

I'm going to change my setting back to viewing the time on here. Hopefully that will help to keep me on track. I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully this will help to reset my clock to feeling awake during the day and sleeping at night.

Good Night!

No comments: