Monday, November 28, 2011

Music

So tonight I went and played guitar with some friends. I'm trying to better my drastically lacking skills and I am fortunate enough to know people who can help me with this. Upon taking my guitar out of the case and tuning it I came to a startling realization...I have not touched this thing in almost a month!

A MONTH!!!

That is the longest I've gone in probably 2 years with out playing. At first it seemed like a bad thing but then I realized, I haven't been playing because all of my free time for playing has been overtaken by the harp.

Yup, that's right. I've been playing. But what is even better...
I've been LOVING it!

Last weekend Ethan and I got together to play. I had no expectations except that I'd get over my fear of trying to figure this out. Boy did it work. It took us almost an hour to start actually playing, but once we did I was hooked. I felt like we were both kids on Christmas morning. (One thing I love about Ethan is that he reacts to awesome musical stuff the same way I do!) We were both getting so excited about the stuff that we were working out that we would almost lose track of playing from bouncing in our seats. It was a blast! (maybe soon, if I can work up the courage, you might get to hear some of it.)

Last night I came home from a long few days off from work full of shopping, eating, and singing. Normally, on a night like this I would sit in front of the TV for over an hour and veg until I finally fell asleep. Not last night. I wanted to play, I had to play, I needed to play. So I did.

I'm not sure exactly what's happening now with all of this or where it will lead in the future but I know that I'm having more fun playing now than I ever had before. It's so worth the debt I'm in now for the rental fee.

Music will always bring me more happiness than money.

No comments: